With the holidays quickly approaching, we are all searching for a favorite recipe that is sure to be a hit with the entire family. Look no further! We have found the world’s best Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Mix!
Here is the recipe for some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies:
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup, very soft)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 18.9 ounce brownie mix – my all-time favorite is Ghirardelli Double Chocolate – this is also a great brownie recipe but I found it more difficult to bake evenly when I made my brownies from scratch
- (eggs, oil, and water for brownie mix)
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie batter as directed. Pour batter into a glass 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Scatter pieces of cookie dough over the top of the brownie batter. In my 8×8 square pan, I was able to get about ⅔ of the cookie dough to fit over the brownies and I just saved the rest for regular cookies. Press gently on the dough just until it starts to sink down into the batter a little bit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (35 for gooey, 40 or more for fully baked), covering with foil if you need to keep the cookies from getting too brown on top. Let stand for 15-20 minutes and cut into pieces for serving.
This recipe can be found online at: http://pinchofyum.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-brownies
Credit: Pinch of Yum, and Orange Legal Employee Chloe Allen