Top 8 New Year’s Resolutions for 2016
With 2016 practically here, we typically begin the new year with some resolutions to make adjustments in our lives in areas where we feel we could improve. Whether it be hitting the gym to start the year off right, focusing more on our careers, or spending more time with the family, we all have something on which we wish to improve.
We want to inspire you, so we have created a list of some popular resolutions for the upcoming 2016 calendar year:
- Lose Weight – The ever-popular “losing weight” resolution; sometimes you just can’t beat the classics. A recent study shows that over 65% of American adults are considered obese. Commit to “taming the bulge” in 2016!
- Find a Hobby – Learning to paint, carpentry, and travelling can all be great hobbies to try out in the new year. Hobbies are a great stress-reducer and can fit around your schedule as necessary.
- Breaking Old Habits – Some popular habits people are committing to breaking in 2016 include smoking, staying up too late, working too hard, eating too much chocolate, watching too much TV, and nail-biting. Use 2016 as your reason to move past these nasty habits and move towards a better you.
- Spend More Time with Family & Friends – Always a popular choice. Spending time with family and friends will give you more time away from the stresses of everyday life, while allowing you to spend time with family members you may not have seen too much in 2015.
- Learn a New Language – “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.” ‒Nelson Mandela
Learning a new language can change your entire outlook on life. Nowadays it’s easy to find some online tools to learn that language you have been wanting to learn for so long. Some of the most popular languages to learn are Spanish, Italian, French, and German.
- Get Out of Debt – For many recent college graduates, climbing out of debt tops the list. Make a commitment to paying off that credit card, building up your savings account, or paying off those pesky student loans.
- Learn an Instrument – Ever wanted to learn a musical instrument but couldn’t find the time? Take some time for yourself in 2016 and learn how to play an instrument. Music is a proven stress-reducer and a great way to improve yourself.
- Volunteer – Volunteering is a great way to improve upon yourself, while also giving back to your community. You’ll be amazed how helping those who are less fortunate can change your outlook on life.
I hope this list inspires you to reach for something better and improve yourself! If you would like to share what your resolutions are, comment on our blog or tell us on social media! To schedule with Orange Legal, click here, give us a call at (800) 275-7991, or contact us online.